2016 Weigh-in Dates:
August 27th: At the Jamboree
September 7th: Second Weigh-in (if you missed 1st or chose not to have weight recorded)
September 21st: Late Weigh-in
October 5th: Mid-Season Weigh-in
WEIGH-INS Rules from Rule Book (Article V – abbreviated)
- b) The first weigh-in will be held on Jamboree day
- c) The second weigh-in will be held during the week prior to the first regular season game
- d) The late weigh-in will be held during the week following the second league game. The mid-season weigh-in will be conducted during the week following the fourth regular season game on Wednesday night.
3) WEIGH IN PROCEEDURES
- d) A one pound grace allowance will be granted for scale inaccuracy at all weigh-ins.
- e) If a players weight exceeds the weight limit by more than the one pound grace, the player does not pass the Age/Weight Coefficient for that level.
- f) Opportunity of the weight of the best scale available will be used when a player’s weight is critical.
- g) Each player must weigh-in wearing their official game jersey. (note: they can simply weigh in wearing underwear). Helmet and shoulder pads must be removed.
- b) STEP ON – STEP OFF
- i) At Jamboree weigh-in, all players will be allowed to step on the scale. If a player chooses to, they can have their weight recorded
- ii) If the player chooses not to have their weight recorded they cannot participate in Jamboree. The player must come back to the second weigh-in before they are officially rostered on the team.
6) SECOND WEIGH IN
- a) The Second Weigh-in will be held prior to the first regular season game, time and date to be determined by the Board and Weigh-in Committee.
- b) The step on step off rule that is in place during the Jamboree is not in effect for this weigh-in or any subsequent weigh-in.
7) LATE WEIGH IN
- a) A late weigh-in will be held by the Weigh-in Committee during the week following the second league game.
- b) The Age/Weight Coefficient weights will be reduced by two pounds for late weigh-in players.
- c) The late weigh-in player’s name must have been on the original roster no later than the second initial weigh-in.
- d) Exceptions will be granted to those teams that have less than 22 players. This late weigh in is the last chance to add players for those teams with less than 22 players.) Appropriate proof of age for each player (See Article I, Section 1(b)).
- g) The player must be presented in their official game jersey as shown on the team’s official roster. There are no exceptions to this rule.
8) MID SEASON WEIGH IN
- a) Players who must attend this weigh-in are those players who weighed within three pounds of the maximum weight allowed for their level of play (i.e. a 12 yr. old Bantam who weighed 100 pounds or less does not have to attend, but a 12 yr. old Bantam who weighed more than 100 pounds must attend the mid-season weigh-in.)
- b) A five pound maximum weight gain above the maximum Coefficient weight will be allowed (scale procedures as defined above) i.e. a 12 yr. old Bantam is allowed to weigh 108 pounds.
- c) Those players who attend the late weigh-in will be allowed a five pound weight gain from the two pound penalty they were accorded by attending the late weigh-in (three pounds above the maximum Coefficient weight) i.e. a 12 yr. old Bantam will be allowed to weigh 106 pounds.
- f) The player must be presented in their official game jersey as shown on the team’s official roster. There are no exceptions to this rule.
9) EXCEEDING COEFFICIENT AT LATE OR MID SEASON WEIGH IN
- a) All players who exceed the allowable weight will not be allowed to participate for the remainder of the season at that playing level but are allowed to move up to the next level, even if a team at that level is at the 29 player limit.
10) MISSING MANDATORY MID SEASON WEIGH IN
- a) Any required player who cannot attend the mid-season weigh-in will not be eligible for the fifth game of the season, and in addition, will be penalized two pounds (allowed a three pound weight gain in lieu of five).